“Become familiar with Windows 8. Whether you’re already using a Windows 8 device or just wondering what’s new, we’ve got the manual for you: “Getting Started: Your Guide to Windows 8″. From author Christian Cawley, this guide outlines everything new about Windows 8, from the tablet-like start screen to the new “app” concept to the familiar desktop mode.”
Windows 8 Study Guide
Now that Windows 8 is out, we need to get to familiar with how this operating system works. Even if you have no plans on purchasing Windows 8 in the near future, you might have to use a computer that does. Soon, all new computers will ship with Windows 8 so even if you do not like the new OS you might be stuck with it at work, at school, at an internet café, or on your new computer (if you choose not install Windows 7)
What’s in The Study Guide
The manual will show you how to get the most out of Windows 8. The topics include…
- How to use the new Windows 8 user interface, AKA Metro”.
- Navigating – mouse, keyboard or fingers.
- Launching and installing and using “apps”.
- Using the media in Windows 8
- Using Windows 8 store
- Connecting Windows 8 to email, contacts and cloud services
- Tweaking a Windows 8 device
- Windows 8 security
- Desktop Mode to run legacy Windows software
- Advanced Windows 8 settings
- How to install Windows 8 without losing your data
Download your Windows 8 Guide from Make Use Up.