Are you an Gmail user and tired of those adds? Even more tired of the not so friendly user friendly interface? If so, you are in luck. There is a way to remove those ads and even make the Gmail user interface more usable.
With Gmelius, you can remove all the ads present in Gmail. It doesn’t actually deactivate the automatic Gmail filtering and scanning system that allows Google to serve targeted ads when you browse the web.
- Gmail header auto-expandable
- Remove the “People Widget”
- Customize Gmail navigation icons
- add a subtle row highlight
- Homogenize the appearance of your incoming emails
- Add attachment Icons
- Disable “Consider including”
- Make the Google logo clickable
- Auto-scroll to the top of your inbox a la Google+
- Move emails labels from the left to the right of your inbox
- Move attachment icons from the right to the left of your inbox
- Automatic De-obfuscation of email addresses
- Regain some space in your inbox
This is a great extension for Firefox, but I really do not need it. I am not a big fan of the new Gmail interface and I hate the ads in my inbox, but I can live with them and will continue to do so.
The plugin has a lot of great features that will be useful for most users. To see Gmelius in action, check out this video from Lifehacker.